Friday, August 14, 2009

Dog Days of Summer

Wanna know what I woke up to this mornning? The smell of dog crap! Blackie had diarrhea the night before but I honestly didn't think to much of it. Between my four dogs, every now and again one of the them will get the runs for absolutely no reason but it normally only last for one potty outing then normal plumbing starts working again! But the last time I took him out before bed, he had bloody diarreha. Not good. I put papers down, just in case he couldn't hold it until morning. That was smart thinking! Unfortunately, Blackie had so many accidents that he used up all the paper and then moved to my rugs. Jason took him to the vet this morning and after a ton of bloodwork and a ton of fluids and shots, he is resting back at home. The verdict was that something poisoned him. Living where I live, that could be anything. But the good news is that we caught it in time to flush it out of his system. He's on three different types of medication for the next 10 days and has to eat only chicken and rice until his stomach can handle solid foods again. My poor big protector!

I think the therapist tried to kill me today. I swear! I was pouring sweat when I left therapy and my knee is killing me. I know I told him that I wanted to be pushed but I didn't mean to death! I go back on Monday at 7am! That is my last Monday of summer vacation and I have to get up early. So not happy about that! Then from there I have a 9 am appointment with my knee doc. I've lost hope of him saying anything positive about my knee!

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm going to work on my candles tonight! I'm excited! I'll post pics too once I get some done. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment