Thursday, July 23, 2009

The First Blog!


I'm new to the whole blogging world but figured I'd give it a shot. What could it hurt right? I'm laid up from having knee surgery so the time couldn't be better! Why not be somewhat productive and take up blogging? I would love to be an author. I would love to see something I write make print! Hey, it could happen! Some blogs might be short and have no real value to anyone other than myself. I'll probably vent on the daily news surrounding the stars ( I use that term loosely) in the media.


Let me bring everyone reading this up to speed on me! My name is Jennifer, Jen for short. I've been happily married for 13 years to my wonderful husband. We have a 9 year old son who is the center of our lives. I'm a housewife but don't think for one minute I sit on my butt and eat bon bons all day long. After taking my little man to school, I head to the barn (I'll get to that part of my life in a bit) and spend a few hours with my horse. From there I run errands for my elderly grandmother and help her with things as much as possible. I only have one child and a husband but yet I have laundry to do almost every day. Not sure how that is possible. My husband works a weird schedule so most of the maintance around the house falls to me. I don't mind though. He's the best provider so I can pull a little manual labor!


Did I mention my house is a zoo? Yeah. Welcome to my world! We have 6 ball pythons, 1 blue tongue skink, 2 red earred sliders, 2 map turtles, 1 ornate box turtle, 4 dogs, 5 cats, 2 pet rats, 4 lovebirds, 1 cockatiel, 1 parakeet, and 1 horse! I should charge admission! I so need a bigger house with land! Anyone want to donate? LOL!


At the moment my show career is on hold. What show career you ask? Well, I'd be happy to brag! My APHA mare and I showed on the open show circuit. We mainly showed in Halter classes but also dabbled in Showmanship and Walk/Trot as well. Ally, my horse, was born to halter! It was in her bloodlines and she was sooo good at it! At the time I had to retire, her and I had earned 6 Grand Championships and 2 Reserve Grand Championships. We also earned Year End High Point and earned a few points in Showmanship.


Ally and I both have leg issues! I guess like mother, like 4 legged daughter! Ally foundered a year and half ago and it nearly killed her. I made the decision to work with the vet and the farrier and put everything in God's hands. I made the right decision because Ally made a FULL recovery! The vet and farrier both said they had never seen a case like hers! As for me, I had knee surgery two years ago to repair damage to my patella. I just had another knee surgery 3 days ago because my knee is literally falling apart. Fun. A knee replacement is in my future, just not the immediate one.


That's me! I have a terrible memory so I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of stuff. Check back often for more of my ramblings! Later!




No comments:

Post a Comment